Our fascination for gold goes beyond realms and we have mastered the art of purchasing it, or so we think. Gold purchases for Indians and specially Woman generally mean one thing – jewellery. Buying gold jewellery serves dual purposes, not only is it an investment but it is also a great fashion accessory. But there are certain things one should keep in mind while purchasing gold jewellery.
- Know the Purity – Purchasing gold jewellery without checking its purity is a big no-no and it always pays to check purity before parting with your hard earned money. Hallmark is an indication of purity of gold and it is advisable to purchase hallmarked jewellery, as these pieces are tested by competent agencies.
- Making charges – Be it gold earrings or gold necklace for women or bridal jewellery sets, a making charge is associated with every piece of gold jewellery, which is essentially the labour charge involved in creating it. Making charges reflect current gold rates and one could be fleeced into paying higher making charges than necessary. Insisting on fixed making charges could make gold purchases cheaper and would be the smarter way to go about it.
- Man-made Vs machine made ornaments – In this age of mass production it is common to come across jewellery which is machine made. Making charges on machine made artefacts are lower than charges on man-made artefacts, making such mass-produced ornaments cheaper. Discussing the origin of a particular piece could save a buyer some hard-earned money.
- Check the weight – Gold jewellery in India is sold by weight, with heavier pieces costing more. Precious stones like diamond and emerald are often added to gold jewellery, making them heavier in the process. Jewellers weigh a piece in its entirety, which means that one might end up paying for gold which is not actually there and it is imperative to keep this in mind while purchasing studded jewellery.
This jewellery set is made from 18k gold
Product length is 220 mm and width is 35 mm
This jewellery set has been adorned with real diamonds
Diamond carat 13.09, color FG, good stone cut with VVS clarity
Diamond has been verified by EGL and is set in 18k gold certified by BIS hallmark
90% buyback value for gold products on prevailing rates in WHP stores across Indiah
- Sales – Gold purchases peak during certain occasions, which invariably push up gold prices. It would be smart to purchase gold bridal jewellery sets during off season, when prices are low and discounts are plenty.
- Buy Backs – Most jewelers including online offers the option of buy back, wherein one can exchange their old jewellery set for a new one. While designs and trends can change, the value of gold remains same and discussing buy backs during a purchase could benefit one in the future, if they ever get bored of their jewellery.
- Jewellery store – India has thosuands of online retailers as well as jewellery stores, small and big, catering to its population. Purchasing gold jewellery from small stores could be a risk as they might pass of impure gold as pure gold or could sell stolen gold artefacts. It pays to go to a reputed jeweller to purchase gold as there is a guarantee about such purchases.
This jewellery set is made from 22k gold
Product length is 350 mm and width is 30 mm
This jewellery set has been adorned with ruby gems
Ruby carat 187.50, color red
This product is set in 22k gold certified by BIS hallmark
90% buyback value for gold products on prevailing rates in WHP stores across India
Traditional antique gold necklace set with kundan and colour stones set in 22 carat yellow gold bridal wear, an exclusive set to make you shine in wedding or any occasion
85% buyback value for diamond products on prevailing rates in WHP stores across India
75% buyback value for silver products on prevailing rates in WHP stores across India
Brand Jewel One
Collection Contemporary Collection
Stone Cubic Zirconia
Item Height 18 Millimeters
Item Width 9 Millimeters
Metal Stamp 18k (750)
Metal 18 Kt Yellow Gold
Cubic Zirconia Information
Stone Shape Round
Stone Colour White